About Curriculum Integration Services
SCOCA's Blackboard Consortium
SCOCA leads a Blackboard Learning Management Consortium that currently has 37 member school districts. In addition to hosting the services on our servers, we provide technical support and curricular training for consortium members.
If you'd like to have Blackboard Training for teachers at your site, email Peggy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a workshop.
New Tools for Learning inside Blackboard!
Thanks to the STEMM Hub grant, we have licensed StudyMate Class for the Blackboard Consortium. This feature inside Blackbaord allows teachers to add basic content that is in turn, turned into learning activities, self assessments and games to help students grasp the content in a fun and engaging manner. The activities include crossword puzzles, quizes, challenge games (jeopardy style) for 1 or 2 players and more. There is also an app for mobile devices that will make studying for tests and quizzes a breeze for your students. Check out these resources:
- Overview of StudyMate Class (video)
- Sample of how the App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, Blackberry and Android devices works
StudyMate Author is software (PC only) that you can load onto your computer to be able to build content offline and then upload to Blackboard. If you would like a copy of this software, send Peggy an email (email@example.com) and we'll get you set up.
Distance Learning Services
- Content Management and Professional Development for Interactive Video Conferencing
- Coordinating, developing and delivering professional development activities relating to using video conferencing equipment and integrating this technology into the standards-based curriculum, with training offered in districts and at SCOCA
- Scheduling, coordination, ordering and delivery of video content and connections
Coordination and support for district classes over videoconferencing
- Training of district video support team ? Development of team teaching and teacher collaborative connections addressing academic content standards
- Project coordination of distance learning opportunities
- Onsite support and assistance for local connections as needed
- Membership in paid database services aligning Ohio Academic Content standards to content provider programming
- Distribution of information about distance learning opportunities and promotion of connections that meet local needs
- Coordination with other Ohio Distance learning coordinators and eTech
- Assistance with grants to acquire videoconference equipment and funds for content provider programming
Technical support for Interactive Video Conferencing
- Daily management and troubleshooting of district/school wide video network
- Help desk support Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Establishing multi-point videoconference connections through the SCOCA Codian bridge or through eTech bridging services
- Troubleshooting of specific video related hardware including onsite maintenance and repair
- Installation of updates in video conferencing software and routine maintenance and testing of equipment
- Maintenance on video core equipment at SCOCA
- Technical training
Technology / Curriculum Integration Workshops
Our lab or yours? We offer lots of topics?
- Web 2.0 Applications
- Image Editing
- iPods Interactive Whiteboards
- Google Apps (Earth, Picasa, Reader, Docs, etc.)
- And more....
Curriculum Integration Blog
Get the most recent news at the blog - for best results, SUBSCRIBE!